Underlying the commitment of this Foundation to the cause of Christian education are two basic principles.
We believe God is active in Christian schools across the spectrum of Christian faiths and therefore support any school that acknowledges God the Father as Creator, God the Son as Redeemer, and God the Holy Spirit as sanctifier of the whole
Christian Church. We sense the mission of Christian schools recognizes the centrality of God in all of life and aims to help students grow in faith and discipleship.
The Christian teacher models and shares the new life in Christ.
PRIORITIES AND CRITERIA
In order to help prospective grant applicants determine the level of consideration of a proposal, the Board set the
following priorities and criteria:
1. Priority will be given to grants to Christian elementary and secondary schools. Lesser consideration will be given to
2. Preference will be given to proposals which are reproducible and can be shared with other schools or have anticipated impact beyond the applying organization.
3. We are particularly interested in projects that develop Christian growth for life.
4. We will be interested in proposals reflecting innovation, creativity, or an
5. The Foundation will generally not support ongoing operational expenditures or participate in capital campaigns.
6. The Foundation will generally not support projects less than $5000, feeling that we want to back projects that are beyond the scope of local fund-raising projects and donors.
Generally we will not make grants larger than $10,000. We are open to providing grants that match or supplement other resources.
If the grant does not provide full funding, other funding sources must be secure before release of funds from the Foundation.
7. The Foundation will expect that an organization will internally prioritize their needs/projects and submit only one application which must be signed by the lead administrator.
Grant recipients will be required to file a final report demonstrating financial accountability and to share information
about project results with other Christian schools.
Grant applications must be received by March 15th for projects to be considered for September of that same year.
Only fully completed forms will be considered. Additional information may be provided, but not in lieu of completing all
sections of the form. Please type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be discarded.
MAIL APPLICATION TO:
LORENZ FAMILY FOUNDATION
521 SW CLAY STREET
PORTLAND, OREGON 97201
The next round of applications will close March 15th for projects to be
considered for September of the same year.
Download a copy of the application form in Word format
Application form in Rich Text Format (RTF)
NOTE: If you are asked to provide a name and password, press enter (or
cancel) and it seems
to work. If this fails please request an electronic copy from the